Grouwels Vastgoed manages a number of listed buildings in the Dutch province of Zuid-Limburg.
Huize Vliek is a country house situated in the hamlet of the same name near Ulestraten (borough of Meerssen). The history of Huize Vliek dates back to 1374, when it was known as the Huize de Dael, a castle lived in at the time by the noble Van Vlieck family.
In the 17th century, the remnants of the ruined castle were cleared and a country house was built on the site. The castle took on its current form in around 1800 and two wings were added at the beginning of the 20th century.
The main house and outbuildings are currently being restored and will be used as a residence and offices.
Kapel Huize Overbunde
Huize Overbunde (Bunde, borough of Meerssen) is a convent complex dating from 1876. Originally, the building was a boarding school for girls.
In 1932, the nuns established a recovery and relaxation facility for frail children, mainly from miners’ families. In the 1960s, the building became a reception centre for children with behavioural problems. The last nuns left Huize Overbunde in 1977.
In 1997, after standing empty for over 10 years, the neo-Gothic chapel and its distinctive tower were destroyed in a fire. In 2005, a replica of the tower was built. The chapel has since been restored and the surrounding grounds of the convent have been revitalised.